4 EASY STEPS TO ENROLL:
- VERY IMPORTANT! Pre-apply on-line (or at the DOL) for a permit if you don’t already have a permit or WA State ID @ http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/preapply.html.
- Complete the Enrollment Form ENROLLMENT FORM CDS and provide us with your WA State ID number (confirmation or PIC number). Enrollment forms are available in the office or if you prefer, you can print the form at home. Complete the form and fax, email or bring it to us. If you fax or email the form to us, please remember we must have an original for the file.
- Pay the tuition in full (or a down payment of at least $150). We accept cash, checks, or credit (Visa, MasterCard, Discover) and we can also accept credit card payment via telephone.
- After steps 1 – 3, you can go to DOL office to get your permit 10 days prior to class start date, but no sooner.
Parents must attend a 1 – hour “Parent Night” prior to the class start date.
Washington State Requirements:
- You MUST be at least 15 years old to enroll in a driver’s education class.
- You MUST “Pre-Apply” for your permit if you (student) do not have a WA State ID; you can do this on the DOL website, http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/preapply.html.
- You must have an Instruction Permit and carry it with you at all times to legally practice driving before taking your Driver License Road Test.
- If you are enrolled in Driver’s Education classes (verified by the school) and are 15 years old, you may get your learner’s permit 10 days before the class starts (but no earlier).
- Please note: if you use the”waiver” to get your permit, you must take the Knowledge Test to get your Driver’s License (after you have completed the TSE course and received your Certificate from the driving school).
- If you are 15½ or older, you can get your Learner’s Permit by taking the Knowledge Test at a licensed driver’s training school. Please refer to the Department of Licensing website at http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/teens.html.
- As part of the Intermediate Driver License Law, parents are required to provide 50 hours “out of class” practice time for their teen drivers, which must include 10 hours of nighttime driving.
- We recommend parent involvement with their teen’s driving education and encourage them to read “The Washington Parent Guide to Teen Driving” (downloadable PDF file). This guide helps parents teach good driving habits and has information parents can use to help reduce risk when their teens are driving. Remember, this is only a guide and is not intended to be comprehensive.
- Students must successfully complete the classroom and driving portions of the curriculum before receiving a “Certificate of Completion” from their driving school.
- No enrollment accepted after the 3rd class of any session.
- Classroom tests and the final must be passed with a minimum score of 80%.
- A missed class must be made-up (and as soon as possible).
- If a student misses (and makes up) more than three (3) classes, they are required by law to retake the entire session (15 classes).
Centerline Driving School Class Rules:
- Disruption of class will not be tolerated. You will be asked to leave with no grade for the day and the class will need to be made up.
- Cheating is immediate dismissal from the program.
- Centerline Driving School has a ZERO tolerance drug & alcohol policy.
- Complaints regarding a class or instructor should be submitted in writing.
Centerline Driving School Policies:
- The ENROLLMENT FORM must be completed and signed by both student and parent by the end of the first class.
- All records, tests and contracts require your full legal name.
- Students should bring a notebook or binder for class.
- If you decide to drop the course at the end of the first class, you may receive a full refund of your tuition or a credit for a future class.
- Parents should observe drives #1 and #2 with their child.
- Students must complete Classes 1-14, have their tuition paid in full, and have completed at least 3 of the 6 drives to be eligible to take Class 15.
- It is recommended that all course work and drives be completed within 18 weeks from class start date.